Founded in 1970, Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI) is an international industry association with a membership that represents more than 2,000 high-tech companies. SEMI members offer equipment, materials, products and services to the semiconductor, flat panel display, MEMs and photovoltaic industries. To support these global industries, SEMI has offices in every significant manufacturing region: Asia, Europe,
SEMI products and services include:
· Hosting world-class exhibitions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, solar/PV and emerging technology industries.
· Collecting and disseminating industry statistical information, and providing reports on market research and industry analysis.
· Setting global industry standards to promote the development of international manufacturing standards.
· Organizing technical symposiums, industry development forums, and business and executive conferences to provide a communication platform for the industry.
· Focusing on industry public policies and enhancing environmental protection, safety and health
· Establishing sound relationships with governments and cooperating with influential policy-makers for the expansion and progress of the entire industry.